Thursday, March 3, 2011

Life.

Tuesday was a big kick for me. I forgot that routine of getting the phone call, dropping everything, and rushing to the hospital. I think I've taken life for granted since then, but deep down in my mind, I think I just pushed it aside.

Life was not good for my grandmother during my early years. I became accustomed to the 1AM calls from my aunts informing my parents and I of the fact that my grandmother had been rushed to the hospital. Getting off school just to go there, spending my evenings and nights worrying. I went back to John Muir on Tuesday, a place I haven't been since February of 2008. I came back and it was all modern and crap, but that doesn't mean anything. The interior was the same stifling environment, that dreary mood that constantly threatens to bring your mood down. Sure, they did the outside all pretty and crap, but everything was the same. Same lobby, same layout, same elevators, same personnel. I hate that place. I had that familiar feeling in my stomach again, the one where you're worried crazy, you have no idea what's going on, what's going to happen, and you're still too far.

Went to the Grandma's floor, found Aunt & Uncle standing watch. I walked into the room and nearly broke down again. The last time I had seen a family member there, it had been less then pleasant. But my grandmother's a fighter. Even while coughing up blood, she had the strength to smile, greet me, and then immediately tell me to go home. Thankfully, there was a bunch of communications and the situation was far less dire than what I was told. Tracked down the nurse and she brought up the chart. The situation was still dangerous, but there were no emergency that was going to occur that second. Stayed for an hour or so, and headed home to sleep. The stress of the day really took a toll on me.

Woke up next morning to catch the dialysis part of her treatment. Missed the lab work & x-rays. She underwent her third consecutive day of dialysis, and is scheduled for a fourth. It takes a lot out of her. At the end of each session she typically goes home and sleeps and skips eating for a good while. She got a blood transfusion and they gave her 2 parts of blood. At this point they're hoping that the GDI bleed stops so her stomach is taking it in, causing her Potassium levels to rise, which can cause the heart to stop. The dialysis keeps her clear for a day supposedly. But she's still not getting out for a while.

Drove home at 4 from the hospital and barely made it to office hours for PLS in time. Got home from there, walked into room, and wham. No power on my side of the house apparently. Had to write an essay out in the living room. Great great great 2 weeks, not.

After writing this blog, and seeing some responses from it, I question if the right thing to do was to make this public. This blog is really for me, and for my close friends that I give the link to. It's the reason why I don't have a tumblr, or a "social" blog. This is my way of stress relief, the way I tend to cope with great events, bad events, events that affect my life.

But meh. Tuesday was a kick. I've lost track of the important goal of life: To have fun. All this crap that's being going down, everything that's been affecting me, it doesn't matter. Just gotta let the haters hate, and keep your head up. Drop the fakes, the suckups, the assholes, the jerks, the backstabbers, the users, and just keep the one's you trust. I don't have time to deal with those kinds of people, I gotta live life to the fullest.


Take Females out and substitute whatever is necessary.

In High School, I let myself get used, backstabbed, and betrayed by people I trusted, and I thought never again. In Freshman year, same thing. This year? Yep, but I don't care anymore. You show your true colors when one needs you most, and it's quite insightful on who does what. I don't need people I can't trust, and I'll just drop em like flies. I got my life, I'm going to live it. I'm getting my grades, I'm earning the money, I got people I can trust, I'm healthy and in college, I can't really ask for anything more as this point in time. You never know what will happen to you, to people you love.

It ends now. My new life begins, dropping the haters, and living life. Let's have a amazing Spring Quarter filled with adventures & food, and some damn good memories. If I trust you, we're hanging. And it's gonna be one helluva a ride.

Got an A on my paper, Got 2 A's on the other papers, finals are coming up and I'm feeling ready to dominate. Excited for the weekend, got my bottle of Grey and plans with the good friends, it's time to kick it.

History TA for California History: "I'm an imposter. I'm not even studying California history, I'm not even an American! I'm actually Canadian, and the real reason I'm here is because I'm planning the invasion. Y'know, in return for the War of 1812, we're actually really bitter about that."

"The Japanese came from a very powerful nation, like the Canadians" Cue laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment